Group Waiting List – Privacy Notice
First Harpenden Scout Group
The categories of parent/guardian and child information that the First Harpenden Scout Group (“the Group”) collects, holds, uses and shares are:
* Name and date of birth of the young person seeking a place in Scouting
* Contact telephone number of the young person’s parent or guardian
* Contact email address of the young person’s parent or guardian
* Postal address
* Any indication of willingness to help or contribute to Scouting in the Group
* If provided any disability or special needs which you think we should be aware of
* Date the young person joined the District and/or Group waiting list
* Date the young person was offered/accepted/rejected a place with the Group.
Why we collect, hold use and share this information:
* To identify those young people that are seeking a place within our Scout Group, and to enable us to make offers of places when they become available on a fair and consistent basis
* To identify new adult volunteers
* If provided, we hold information about people’s disabilities or special needs so that the Group is aware of these at the earliest opportunity and can plan and put in place reasonable adjustments where necessary. This does not affect whether a child will be offered a place.
The lawful basis on which we hold and use this information
Generally, the lawful basis on which we collect and use the above information is that it is the legitimate interest of the Scout Group to do so. Specifically, it assists the Group to provide Scouting places to those young people that are seeking them.
Storing this Personal Information
While we hold this information we will take reasonable steps to maintain its security. We will hold this information until any of the following things happens:
* We offer you a place in the Group and you accept it. At that stage, we will need to collect some more information from you to enable you to take part in the Group.
* Your child reaches the age of 6 and either we cannot offer you a place or we contact you but do not hear from you. If that happens, we will pass your information to the Harpenden & Wheathampstead District waiting list, so that you can be offered a place in any Group in the District should one become available.
* You advise us that a place is no longer required.
Within 6 months of any of the above happening, we will delete all personal information we hold in relation to you except:
* We will retain a record of which of the above actions were taken. For this purpose, the only personal information we will retain will be the name of the young person and the action taken,
* We retain copies of all requests to join the Waiting List of a period of up to 5 years after the request was made. This is kept for the sole purpose of replying to queries about whether (and when) a young person was added to the List.
Who we share this information with:
* As mentioned above, the individuals who manage the District waiting list.
Requesting Access to your Personal Information/Your rights
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information that we hold about you and your child. To make a request for your personal information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to:
* Object to the way we use personal information
* Prevent use for direct marketing (we will never allow your information to be used in this way)
* Object to decisions being taken by automated means (we will never do this)
* In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal information rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
* Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you have concerns about the way we are collecting or using your personal information, we request that you raise your concerns with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in the Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.